THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Are You Too Rigid?

No, not THAT way! Shame on you!


Are you too rigid in your thinking? Are there things you swear you'll never do?

My cousin was here recently. She'll be 40 this year and she's the most unbending person I've ever met. She will never do this and she'll never do that. (Of course, now that I'm writing this, I can't think of a specific example.) She sees everything as black and white. Gray is not a possibility. Even now I can hear her in my head saying, "No. That's not an option."

I have been that way in the past. For instance, I have said, "No. I'll never write an erotic romance." In fact, even with a plot in mind, it was very hard for me to get started (especially the words. Those words. You know.) I like to write sexy, but remember my fingers hovering over the keyboard before I typed in a "c" word.

But when I did, I had FUN! Enough fun that I'm almost done with my second novella and have a third outlined.

Now, there are still some things I will say NO, to, but not as many.

Skydiving

Sushi

Becoming a mathematician. (I couldn't even SPELL this!)

What would you say no to?

Would you say yes to this?

Photobucket

1 comments:

Erica K. Novak said...

I was the same as you. "I will never write erotic romance." I've written other sub-genres, but erotic...oh, no, that is not me.

Until I sat down and started one. LOL

It's fun here on dark side, Emma! You inspired me.

Hugs,
Erica