THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday, June 8, 2009

Welcome to My New Blog!



Welcome to my new blog. I’m so excited….my very first erotic romance is coming out this week from The Wild Rose Press. I’ve written three novels and a novella under my other name, but this is my first foray into the super-sexy.

 

Here’s the blurb:

 

Veronica Butler avoids risks as a rule, but when faced with celebrating her thirty-fifth birthday alone, she dons her sexiest dress and heads to a single's club. She’s startled when the attention she draws is that of her supervisor, Vicente Salazar. They’ve worked on the same team at an architectural firm, designing a hotel with Gaudi-influenced elements. Veronica has indulged in several fantasies starring the sexy Spaniard. Now she’s fueling his.

Though she knows it's a mistake, that this decision may affect the office atmosphere, she gives into her desire and allows him to show her exquisite pleasure in public places. From the back of a limousine to his office to an alcove in a museum, each sexual encounter is exciting, challenging, terrifying. Each encounter shows her more of who she is. Each encounter risks her heart. Now if only she can convince him to risk his.

 

I thought I’d start out telling you five things that inspired me to write Show-Off.

 

1)    I had the first scene in my head for years, inspired by Carrie Bradshaw’s dress in Sex and the City. You know, the one she wears on her first date with Mr. Big? I totally pictured my heroine, Veronica, wearing a dress like that and running into her boss of all people.





2)    My critique partner, who is multi-published in historical romance and the mystery genres, wrote an erotic romance. I decided to give it a shot.

3)    I originally pictured Chris Noth as the hero, Vicente, but then the Vicky Cristina Barcelona trailer started playing. I was completely captivated by Javier Bardem’s accent. I proceeded to see Vicky Cristina twice in the theaters and then I watched nearly every one of his movies on loan from the library.

4)    I had written another novella and liked the “instant gratification” of having a complete story done in 25,000 words.

5)    I just wanted to see if I could do it. I admit, I stumbled over some words, but the story itself was so much fun to write, it just poured out. (I wish that happened more often!)

 

So that’s how Show-Off came to be. It’s definitely a love story, with a happily-ever-after.

 

If you comment on this blog this week, you can win a copy. I’ll pick 2 lucky winners on Friday!

 

 

7 comments:

storyscribe said...

Ooh, ooh, I can;'t wait to read it. this sound so hot and sexy. Just wrote it down on my list. Good luck and I wish you mega sales.

storyscribe said...

Oh, and by the way, the blog is totally gorgeous.

Cari Quinn said...

Hi Emma! I love your blog! :) Can't wait to read Show-Off...I love books with sex scenes in public places. One of my Blaze mss had lots of those kinds of scenes, and it was so much fun to write! I'm also revising my first erotic short, which I will be submitting to Scarlet Rose soon. I agree with you about the instant gratification! Short stories are a blast.

Best of luck with your release!

Emma Lai said...

Congrats on the release, Emma! Love the dress that inspired you!

Emma Jay said...

Thanks so much for coming by!

It was definitely liberating to write those scenes, especially since I could never get away with doing what my characters do.

Emma (love the name!) that scene in SATC was awesome....the way he couldn't keep his hands off her because of the dress.

Anonymous said...

My hat's off to you! Great job and can't wait to read your book! I love the way you came up with the characters. Much luck!

Emma Jay said...

Thanks, Patty! This was such a fun book to write. I hope it comes across on the page ;)