THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Books By Their Covers



Our librarian at school always tells the students not to judge a book by its cover. But I admit, I need to love a cover before I pick it up to read the blurb. Yes, I find books other ways, too, mostly by word of mouth, but covers are the first thing to draw my attention.

The first book I remember selecting by its cover was Winter Roses by Anita Mills. I loved the red-haired hero, the background colors and the castle. I'd never heard of her before I saw this book, which became my all-time favorite book.



Another book I bought recently because I was drawn to the cover was The Ghost Exterminator by Vivi Andrews. I'm not big on paranormal books (though I love paranormal shows and movies, go figure) but this cover grabbed my attention over and over, and it's been one of my favorite reads so far.



I bought Everything to Lose because, DANG, doesn't that guy look like Jeffrey Dean Morgan, he who is at the top of my list?



I've "known" Leslie around the internet, but this cover sold me on the book (out now in print!)




What books have you bought based on the cover? How did it work out for you?

0 comments: